1.22.2010

"RTS is finished"


After five years, I am finished with all my course work to receive a Masters of Divinity from Reformed Theological Seminary. My graduation is May 22, 2010. I leave my seminary career with more passion for Christ, more love for people, and more desire to serve in ministry. I am thankful for all my professors who taught me the Word of God. I want to thank my co-worker, Marc Garduque, who labored over almost all my grammatically-challenged papers. I want to thank my wife who was gracious when I was think more about school assignments than her. Finally, I want to thank my God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who has given the grace to think over His Word and awakens my heart and mind to precious, life-giving truth.

On an ironic note, as this is my last day of school work, five years ago today it was the first meeting of Mandy and I. It was Dr. Fesko's systematic two course. An all day Saturday class. We sat next to each other and talked about guitars, Piper, missions, and theology. Along with the class, we went out to lunch at Willy's and I sat next to her. What a day! Who would have ever known that that meeting would lead to marriage and now parenthood! God has amazing plans for his children!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Brian! Now you are qualified to answer all manner of difficult theological questions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Brian and Mandy. Lydia, you are a very luck baby and truly blessed.
    Love you guys!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Brian. God has chosen a very special son to preach His Word and live His gospel--
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...