1.07.2010

Passion 2010: reflections (part two)

By: Mandy
I was waiting for the final results to share this on the blog. While we were at the Passion conference this week, Brian and I were able to see 12 ministries set up in the "Do Something NOW" campaign. These causes had goals such as stopping sex-trafficking in Nepal, digging wells in South America, reaching children affected with AIDS in Africa, and translating the Bible for an unreached people group. Each was set up as an "experience" allowing the students (and us privileged volunteers) to see videos, hear testimonies, and even see tangible evidence of impoverished situations around the world. It was very moving!

Brian and I just wished we were wealthy enough to meet every goal of every cause. Over the whole conference the 22,000 students gave $668,000! A couple at the conference also committed to match this to make the total money raised 1.3 million dollars.

This total does not include all the meals packed for the hungry (over 100,000) and towels and socks students were asked to bring for the local homeless shelters in Atlanta. [see the picture here of the pile of goods!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...