12.19.2017

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child?

I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beautiful children (one anti-snuggler, one awesome-snuggler-but-loves-to-be-in-the-room-with-anti-snuggler, and one if she could; would plaster her forehead to mine and drift off to sleep blissfully inhaling my exhaled breath). The last one is particularly persistent (and loud). So occasionally, I cave and snuggle up. And occasionally, my immune system caves and allows a pesky cold virus to take me down. How are these two related? Give me a few feverish nights and I'll tell you.

Sinus pressure. My head is throbbing. It feels like a toddler is laying across my temples. And yes, this has happened. The aforementioned anti-snuggler is an aggressive co-sleeper.

My joints ache. That could be that knee thrust into my back.

I have to pee. Could be that other knee thrust into my bladder.

I am so tired but can't fall asleep. I'm constantly listening for the deep breathing that lets me know I'm free to get up and go to my own bed. (at least for a while)

Lots of drool or snot. Let's not go into possessive pronouns.

I awake to "Mommy!" being poked in the nose or eyes. "I hung-y". No, wait, that's whether I have a cold or not.

I never feel fully rested. Again...that might be everyday.

I am either too hot or too cold. Is my fever back? My kids are either super thermal conductors or blanket hogs.

Awww, she's doing that cute whistle-nose-breathing. Oh wait, that's me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...