1.26.2010

Lydia: week 2


I think when I read all those baby books I didn't really understand what it meant that a newborn needs to be feed about every 2-3 hours. I thought, "Well, that seems pretty easy. I mean, I have a snack about every 2-3 hours." Little did I know (although I'm sure many moms told me) that nursing a newborn is really a full-time job. Every 2-3 hours means I feed little Lydia 8-10 times a day...and this is a little harder than cutting up some fruit or opening a pack of goldfish crackers. Each time she eats it's about a 45 minute to an hour ordeal. Let me say, nursing my little girl is wonderful and worth it. She is so precious and of course, it is worth 8-10 hours (or many more!) to care for her in this way.

On that note, here are some more pictures. She is growing each day and getting used to life at the Stock Household. Brian and I are also learning a lot about this little gift from the Father. We are very appreciative of all the visitors this past week. Her "Nana" (Mandy's mom) came for the first week to help us take care of her...and really to help me take care of myself. This picture (right) is of her and Nana bonding after Lydia's kitchen sink bath.

Yesterday Lydia had some peaceful time with her god-mother, Sarah. Sarah couldn't help but comb all Lydia's hair into a fuzzy little mohawk! I have to admit, even that was cute.

Brian's mom (Grandma) is on her way for the second week's shift. We look forward to her getting to know all her different family members and members of our church family.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what a cute girl! The baby isn't bad either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy you are such a good mommy...I am so proud of you and thankful for you that I could burst with joy! Lydia is gorgeous...and she is really looking more and more like you and Becky (especially Becky) each and every day. I miss my girls....

    ReplyDelete

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...