1.03.2015

The Conversations We Have

Recently I saw someone post an article about "Things you just know when you live in Atlanta". You know, like the Varsity and ITP/OTP.

I was thinking what that list would look like if I wrote it for here. There's lingo, thinking through problems, things taken for granted about living here. I think it would sound odd if I just stepped back for a moment. Here is a sampling of some conversations:

"Do you think these blue [Christmas] lights will show our neighbors we support Krishna?"

"Did you get the water in the bowl up front to baptize Isabella?"
"Yes."
"Is it clean or dirty?"
"Um, dirty. But why does it matter?"
"...I don't know. But don't you think we should at least use filtered water for baptizing?"

"Ok, so turn down the road that is just past the rock quarry. Go about 100 meters. There will be a tree and usually a cow standing there. Turn right. Go past the goats. We are on the left just before that really big pot hole."

"Are you poopy?" (I'm not saying this unique to our country...just our stage of life!)

"Sweetie...watch out for that cow/donkey/dog/old man/auto driver/pot hole/goat herd!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...