1.21.2015

Picture of the Week: For Delivery

Brian continues to remind me that although these surroundings seem ordinary to me after a while of living here, there are still many things that may seem odd or funny to others.



This may be one of them.

In this country, you can get anything delivered. Anything. I get my groceries delivered. The milk man comes to my neighbors' every morning. I had a pair of dress socks for Brian delivered once. There is usually no extra charge besides the customary 50 cent tip.

And almost everything is delivered on motorcycles. Lots of riders wear backpacks stuffed with orders. Other bikes have coolers or hotboxes on the back.





There is a man in our neighborhood who delivers fish from his bicycle. He doesn't have a cooler. You can pretty much smell him coming. Maybe I'll get a picture of him next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...