3.24.2010

Smiling Happy Baby



Lydia has started smiling more and more. Her faces are just adorable and sometimes we find ourselves just staring at her! For these pictures I just kept snapping away (as fast as our digital camera would let us) and she just got cuter and cuter. If you notice, in one of the pictures she is giving a thumbs up!


She was apparently still excited from the weekend she had spent with Daddy. I left Friday afternoon for our church's women's retreat. After storing up milk, writing a 4-page instruction manual (although Brian already knows all that I wrote down) and shedding a few tears I was off... sans baby! The weekend was a great retreat, although I missed my family for those 36 hours. We had a great speaker who gave some insights on being "strong women with soft hearts." The greatest part, though, was a new stronger bond between my husband and daughter. Brian has become more attentive to her needs and personality. She seems to be soothed by him much quicker and lights up when he comes home (or fusses to see him if she is up in her crib). It is a joy to watch them both connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...