3.16.2010

Lydia: Two Months

Today we went to the doctor again for our two-month check-up. Brian, Lydia and I were enjoying our last visit in the "newborn waiting room" when a week-old little girl and her mom came in. I looked at the baby thinking there is no way Lydia was ever that small! Turns out this baby weighed about the same as our little girl just 7 weeks ago. She has grown so much!

Here are some updates...
Weight: 9 pounds, 8 ounces (which ironically is about how much I weighed AT BIRTH...sorry mom)
Height (that is, Length): 22 and 3/4 inches
New "skills": getting pretty good at holding her head up, cooing and smiling more and more, and "scooting" in her crib.
Because we Americans love comparing our babies, I'll let you know that Lydia is in the 19th percentile for weight and the 67th for height. Basically she is long and skinny...but still has cute fat cheeks. She is healthy all around and seemed to enjoy seeing the doctor today...until the end of the appointment.

That's right, today Lydia had her dreaded first round of shots. She received 3 shots and one oral vaccine. She let out a cry I have never heard before! Of course, then I also started to cry and Brian had to hug and comfort both of us. I know it is crucial to get shots and they are good for her, but wow...something inside of me hurt for her more than I thought it would. So, in light of that trama, I told Lydia she could have whatever she wanted today. So far she has requested (and received) a nap ON me, undisturbed meals every 2 hours, tylenol every 4 hours, a relaxing bath with no hair-washing (her least favorite part of any bath), and lots of holding and rocking.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Poor little Lydia. I remember at Eleanor's 2 month shots she cried her first tears and I cried too. Eleanor's always been long and skinny too. Lydia is such a cute and loved little baby! :) Good job, mama!

    ReplyDelete

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...