3.08.2010

Grandmas Are Amazing


What an eventful weekend for Lydia! She had a visit from her Nana (Mandy's mom) and her Great-Grandma Pat from Tampa. Here is a picture of four generations: Patricia Anne, Barbara Anne, Amanda Anne, and Lydia Anne.

They arrived Saturday just in time for Mommy and Daddy to go out for their first time. No, it wasn't anything romantic. We had a church banquet...and we had to drive separate cars so Brian could go set up early. Regardless, Nana and Great-Grandma had a great time baby-sitting for the evening! Even though these two have decades of child-rearing experience between them and Great-Grandma was a pediatric nurse practitioner...Mommy was still a bit nervous. It's difficult leaving the baby for the first time longer than an hour!

On Sunday evening, Brian's parents stopped by for dinner. We had 3 grandmas under one roof! Lydia got the best diaper change of her life (and no, they did not pose for this picture...they really are all changing her diaper together!). Lydia was showered with love and kisses as she graced us with a few smiles and coos (well worth it in our opinions). I think she now is convinced, as her parents are, that Grandmas are certainly amazing!

1 comment:

  1. wonderful...I am now convinced I raised the best daughters in the whole world. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...