2.03.2010

Happy Groundhog's Day!


Some may know that Groundhog's Day is my (Mandy's) favorite holiday. I know it has no theological significance like Easter or Christmas, no patriotic sentiment like Flag day or Presidents' day, or even any good cook-outs associated with it like Labor day or Independence day. But ever since college I felt sorry for February 2nd. No one really notices it unless you are resident of Punxatawney, PA and yet our entire weather system depends on a little rat-like creature "telling" a guy in a top-hat if he saw his shadow.

So, why not celebrate this incredibly random holiday? Lydia's due date is February 6th...of course she decided to come 3 weeks early; and I think it was so she could be here to celebrate Groundhog's Day 2010! My dad (her Grandpa) sent us a groundhog friend that Lydia seemed to enjoy (see picture). I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship! Maybe Groundhog's day will be her favorite holiday as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...