9.21.2010

Lydia: Eight Months

We're a few days late posting this Month Update. Our little girl is keeping us busier and busier as she interacts more, demands puppet shows and takes a really really long time to eat (solids, that is...she has nursing down to an efficient science).

Lydia has started to communicate in a variety of ways. She rubs her eyes when tired, waves at passing cars, and flaps her arms which means (as far as we can tell) "pick me up", "I'm excited" and "I'd really like to grab that cat's tail". Verbally she was running with "dadadada" much to Brian's delight, but has recently added some "mamama" and a whole lot of "babababa" sheep style.

She is currently not yet mobile, aside from rolling over, but you'd be surprised how quickly she can reach for and grab things! Her hair continues to be spiky and crazy. Her eyes are Daddy-blue and those chubby kissable cheeks remain.

I suppose we say this all the time, but Lydia is a really fun baby. She is so great to be around, lighting up our home and anywhere she goes (the grocery store and library are much happier
places when she's visiting). Praise our Heavenly Father for this wonderful gift made in His image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...