9.19.2013

Hey Mommy...

Everyone knows three-year-olds ask a lot of questions. I spend at least half my day answering questions...some routine (Mommy, can I have a snack?), some theological (Mommy, what did Jesus save us from?), and some just plain silly (Mommy, what does it look like in an alligator's belly?). I have had all three of these, just today! Almost every question Lydia asks starts with "Hey Mommy.." so thought I'd chronicle a few here. Maybe you have better answers than I come up with. (The "Hey Mommy" is understood.)

"Can you see my foot shadow?"
"Do people eat jellyfish?"
"Do some people eat people?"
"Why would you eat people?"
"Did the forbidden fruit taste sugary?"
"Can Molly have honey (lettuce/cheese/cheerios/grass/dirt) yet?"
"Is my booty super clean?"
"Where does my food go after my belly?"
"Do the fish drown in the ocean?"
"Where were me and Molly when you were getting married?"
"Did you have a sparkly dress at your wedding?"
"When can I have a brother? Tomorrow?"
"Can I have a caterpillar pet?"
"Can we go to heaven? Can we go now?"
"Do you want to play Abby and Emma?"
"Can we be a fish family?"
"Do you want to play duckapotmoses [pretend we are duckbill platypuses]?"
"How will we dry cow-ie after we wash him? Will he just need a time out?"
"When you were a little girl did you disobey/spill stuff/push your sister/lie?"
"Did you see me wipe?"
"Can Molly and I go barefoot?"
"Do some people not have shoes?"
"Did we have shoes in America?"
"Is it ok to get naked when it's just you and Molly here?"
"Do I talk a lot?"

A small sampling. And yes, when I was a little girl...I'm sure I talked a lot Lydia. Like Mother like Daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...