9.02.2013

Picture of the Week: Missing

Sadly, I think we lost our camera.

Brian got it for me two Christmases ago. A cute little blue point and shoot. We remember seeing it Thursday on top of the fridge (easy access for us, not easy access for a three year old). But now, we can't find it. Here are our three scenarios: 1) It is somewhere in the house...although we have looked seemingly everywhere. 2) It miraculously flipped off the fridge, into the trashcan (flipping open the lid) and was taken out Saturday morning before we realized it's disappearance. 3) It was stolen by the man that delivers our groceries...though I kinda like him. He seems honest and I was basically watching him the whole time he unloaded the milk and vegetables.

I do not like any of these options. And therefore I'm left with no solution, no probable guess and no closure. I really liked that camera, but (and maybe it's like this with you too) losing things bugs me more than the value of the thing. I feel out of control. I feel frustrated with my lack of omniscience. I wonder why God would allow this to happen. I mean, it's not a devastating tragedy. It's not insignificant either. It's mildly saddening, middle-ground-ish frustrating and I suppose irksome enough for me to see my idol of control.

So, no picture this week. We still have our phone cameras (so, please, it's not like we're suffering here!), and we'll adjust our photography and hopefully God will use even this lost thing to find my easily wayward heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...