9.14.2013

Picture of the Week: Muffin Change

There is an epidemic in this country.

We have a change problem. It can be your auto-rickshaw driver. It may be the shop vendor. It is definitely the vegetable-cart guy. No one has change!

I buy something for 87. I give 100. "Do you have 3 change, madam?"

No, no I don't. I gave it to the vegetable-cart guy this morning.

Don't worry, though. Here is the solution. That 3 (which is equivalent to a nickel) now becomes 3 pieces of candy, a pack of gum or if you are at a bakery (which my friend and I thought was a coffee shop...due to the name being a coffee shop...but we can talk about misnomers later)...a muffin. I bought bread, two cokes (replacement for coffee) and didn't have the 5 change. "No problem," he says. "Here is strawberry muffin."

It's just a funny thing that now I have come to expect. I gotta tell you, Lydia doesn't mind. She ate that strawberry muffin (it was pink) and asks me to carry big bills all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...