6.01.2013

Picture of the Week: Raji

So, we rode an elephant.




We went on a day trip to the visit the king and queen of our state. They weren't available for meeting with us, but they kindly let us tour their palace (barefoot as not to desecrate the sacred space) and ride their elephant for a mere $2 a person.

His name was Raji. We couldn't get very great pictures...since we were on an elephant. Our friends took some from their adjacent elephant. It was amazingly scary and bumpy (no seat belts, no safety bar...) and fun and the girls just seemed to think this was normal life. And, in this country, it kind of is.

I mean, no we don't ride elephants on a daily basis...nor see them in the city. But, everyday is an adventure. Amazingly scary, bumpy, fun and well...our new normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...