6.16.2013

Picture of the Week: Flood (and Hot Dogs)

Brian loves hot dogs. Give him a dog loaded with slaw, onions and mustard and he's pretty happy for a while. So, for Father's Day we took him to one of the few places in town that serves a legit Brian-approved hot dog (though we had to bring our own mustard).

But this is Asia. And you don't just go out and get hot dogs without some sort of adventure. Just as we were finishing up our yummy lunch, water starts flowing up from a drain near our feet. Then, it starts flowing out another. Then, it's gushing and we are picking up purse, diaper bag and toys that had settled on the floor. We all lift up our feet as the waiters rush around with squeegies and mops. And well, we continue to eat. The  flood subsides and I look at Brian and say "Happy Father's Day"...always an adventure.

Oh, and don't worry, for our trouble the manager insists he'll give us a good deal next time we come in. So I suppose we'll venture out another time for a free hot dog. Hold the flood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...