6.08.2013

Picture of the Week: Market

It was kinda like going to Sam's Club or Costco. It was a big market that had everything bigger better cheaper!

Ok, it was nothing like Sam's Club, but we went to this big city market...mostly to see it and take photos. It is "very National Geographic" as my friend said.

Everyday-ish I go to a market (a fruit stand, a meat stall, a grocery store the size of your living room) and they are all on a small scale like this picture. I wasn't trying to be artsy here. But this captures so much. The guy carrying a huge amount of some vegetable on his back (yes, see that daily). The skinny frustrated boy guarding the produce (usually they speak English better than their parents, so I deal with them a lot). The man feeding the other guy something (ok, don't see that everyday, but I have seen it). The bananas still on the stalks, the garbage, the reused cans and boxes and baskets. And coconuts. Coconuts everywhere.

Here is where I shop. The color, the filth, the bartering, the community. And I don't even need to show my membership card to get in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...