7.14.2010

Two Hikes, Two Waterfalls




A couple weeks ago, on July 4th weekend, the Stock family along with our friend's, the Mobleys, vacated to Mandy's Mom and step-dad's cabin in Brevard, NC. It was a great time of hiking, walking around the 4th of July festival, playing cards, and Dolly's Ice Cream. Here are some pictures from the trip:

Being right next to Pisgah National Forest, we took two great hikes which ended at two beautiful waterfalls. The first hike was a 0.7 mile trail back to Moore Cove Falls. These falls fell over a huge, indented rock so that you could have a party inside the falls. It also meant that you could stand directly under them. Everybody step under the waterfall and got a little wet. Lydia didn't like it that much.

Another day, we hike to Cove Creek Falls. The distance was about a mile and it was an easier trail. Along the hike, there were off-shoot trails to go down to the river below. Mandy, being the adventurous one, blazed the trail for the rest of us. These were some of the pretty spots.


Mommy and daughter are have a blast!


As we were hiking, we would come across these big, open sunny fields. Lydia needed some cool, eye protection, aka. Daddy's hat.


We made it and it was worth the hike.


Waterfalls and Grace
"Deep calls to deep at the roar of your waterfalls; all your breakers and your waves have gone over me. By day the LORD commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life" (Psalm 42:7-8).

As I was standing before the waterfall, taking in the beauty which was before me, I reflected on how God's grace is poured out like a waterfall over us. When we are in the grace of God, grace flowing from the cross, always flows over us. But, not at the same intensity or quantity. See, as I observed the water flowing over the rocks, in a continuous moment, parts of the waterfall would be gushing and surging and others parts would gentle glide over and peacefully stream down the river. This is how grace is. There are days and there are night where grace is gushing over me and I know by faith that God's love is every present. And there are seasons and moments where trouble arise and grace surges to get me through. And there are times and days where grace is peacefully soothing my heart and life. But always, there is enough grace for that moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...