7.20.2010

Lydia: Six Months

Happy (half) Birthday to you Lydia! Our little girl continues to grow healthy and make us smile. She just went to the pediatrician today and asked me to update our readers on her "stats".

Weight: 15 pounds, 2 ounces
Height: 26 inches
Apparently, her weight is below "average" and she's a little taller than most gals her age. She certainly looks "plumper" because a good portion of her weight is in her cheeks and thighs! Her cloth diaper also gives her a rather pear-shape.

She can stand (with balance help), sit up (with lots of pillows), and is getting very skilled at grabbing things (such as my food, necklace, hair, etc). She cannot roll over yet. I was a bit concerned about this since even though I try not to, I compare her progress to other babies and books. The pediatrician says not to worry...so I will enjoy this extended immobile time!

Tomorrow we endeavor into solids foods. Pray that Lydia would learn how to eat from a spoon, patience for us, and for her continued growth, health, and curiosity in this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...