6.04.2010

Pray for us Next Week


Next week will be an important week in the life of the Stocks. Mandy and I will be attending a week-long seminar called "Living in Grace". Living in Grace is "a grace-based, Christ-centered seminar grounded in the Scriptures. The purpose of Living in Grace is to demonstrate that all of the Christian life is lived in the grace of God in Christ. The goal of Living in Grace is to provide discipleship training which leads to being more fully equipped for life and ministry." This is one of the steps in our pursuit to missions overseas with MTW.

One thought that has been stirring in my head for the past couple of weeks is how to minister to people well. It begins and ends with receiving, cherishing, and living out the Gospel of Jesus. It begins with the fear of the Lord. You see, if I fear others (i.e.- "the fear of man" or people pleasing), not only will I be controlled by them, but use them for my approval. I will not love them, but take from them. Resting the Gospel which God the Father tells me this: you are fully loved and approved in Christ. As Romans 8:31-32 says, "If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" In the Gospel, where Christ took my place for my sins and gave me his righteousness, I am more loved than I can ever imagine or know (Eph. 3:17-19). This is just one of the areas of grace in my life where I need to grow in.

We ask if you could pray for us in these following areas:
- Pray for safe travel and good health for not only us, but for the rest of attendees.

- Pray that we will repent of our self-righteousness, pride, fear of man, and unloving ways which hinders our ability to love Jesus and others more.

- Pray that we will have a fresh taste of Christ's goodness, beauty, and glory. "They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light. (Psalm 36:8-9)"

- Pray that we will grow in our marriage. Let Christ and His glorious gospel continue to reclaim the center of our covenant with each other.

- Lydia will be staying with Mandy's mom and step dad close by (thanks, you two!). Pray that we will be able to focus on the truths from the seminars. Pray that we will wrestle with these truths at the heart level.

- Pray that we will deepen our friendships and unity with our future South Asia team.



1 comment:

  1. I'm sending prayers up right now for your week at LIG!! It'll be a good week. Thanks for linking me to your blog!! It was GREAT to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...