6.30.2010

Pickin' Blackberries



This past evening we had the joy of having the Heilmans over for dinner and blackberry pickin'. After a delicious dinner prepared by Mandy (we had mini turkey loafs inspired by Rachel Ray), we suited up in high socks and long pants for our blackberry picking adventure. I strapped Lydia to me with the Jeep carrier. Just up the road from our home, about 400 meters, we have bunches of wild blackberry brushes. As the sun was beginning to lay rest for the evening, we picked and picked these juicy berries out of the thorns and thistles. For about 30 minutes. We would have picked longer but Mandy got some ants in her pants, literally. I'm sorry sweetie! When it was all said and done, after a few bug bits (Lydia was safety for those who are concerned), we filled two big-gulp cups and we came back and treated ourselves to a small ramekin size of fresh blackberries and homemade whipped cream compliments of Sarah (that is they did, I don't like blackberries). Thanks Chris for the pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...