10.01.2009

A Moment of Glory

I love the fall weather. Yesterday, as I was leaving work, I stepped outside into a moment of glory. Moments of glory are hard to come by. That is, they are always there but hard to be awakened to. As the creation is always telling the glory of the Creator, yesterday, I was awakened to His glory in creation. I was in awe of how perfect the weather was that I stepped into. It was the kind of weather where you could wear t-shirts or long-sleeves, jeans or shorts, flip-flops or shoes. The sun warmed you up as the cool breeze refreshed you. The grass was dark green and oak tree was turning autumn. It was a great moment.

And in this moment of glory, Jesus was shining His goodness on His creation and I saw a glimpse of His glory. But these moments aren't the only moments of glory. His glory needs more than four seasons or hundreds of different climates, more than sunrises and sunsets, more than all of that. What this moment of glory drew me up to was in all moments, in all places, and in all seasons whether the sun is shining or the earth has just shook, all these moments reflect the vast array of diverse glories in who He is. Each moment wherever you are or I am shouts, "Glory to Jesus". I am thankful that I was awakened for a moment to His glory just a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...