10.04.2009

An Apple Pickin' We A Goin'

My (Brian) last post was on how I love this fall weather and it reminds me of God's glory. And you know what else fall weather brings -- apple picking in Ellijay. Load up the car, pack a lunch and head up I-575 and then turn on Hwy 52 and you will find B.J. Reece's Apple Farm. Mandy and I have found this one to be the best.

We suppose it's much less effort to just pick up a bag of apples at Ingles, but this way is much more fun. You have many different kinds of apples to choose from: Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Rome Beauty, Mutsu, Yates, Arkansas Black, etc. I (Mandy) love watching Brian climb to the tops of the trees for the hard to reach ones (it seems we think those are usually the best!). We also saw the Cargo family too!

Of course, the best thing is the half bushel of apples sitting in our kitchen now! These will soon be turned into apple crisp, apple pie, apple cake, and whatever else we can think of. Maybe we will have an apple party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...