11.27.2014

Picture of the Week: Perspective

Isabella was due for her immunizations. I didn't want to bring my older two. The waiting room is so dirty, all these sick kids, no appointments...just a mad rush to the doctor's door when it opens...hoping she'll say "Ok, you can be next.", and the ever-present-mosquitoes. Trust me, I remember from having to bring in Molly for her immunizations! 

The Plan: Bring in Bella, keep her in the carseat (safe from most of the germs) and quickly get her out. 

Well, I ended up having to bring all three. I walked them all down to the doctor's office, removed everyone's shoes and sat down. When I looked around I didn't see that dingy, dirty, crowded waiting room I saw 18 months ago. I don't think they remodeled. I had a changed perspective. 

There are just things that you adjust to after living in a developing country for a while. Stuff doesn't seem so bad, so scary, so hard. You start to compare Pondicherry to Charleston, Cubbon to Central Park, paneer to cottage cheese, chapattis to tortillas and Gems to M&Ms. The milk and cheese don't taste so different, you expect people to be late (and are ecstatic when they are not!), and realize everything is going to be ok. At least on some level, and I think this perspective is quite nice. 

At least Molly got to enjoy the slide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...