8.21.2013

A Capital Achievement!

It took a long time coming. Two continents and about a year later we have finished the alphabet...capital letters. Next on our list: lowercase. Then, according to Lydia, "ALL the numbers...even 17!". 


Honestly, these 26 letters have been one of the most fun projects Mommy and Lydia have done together. I have learned to let go of control (like when she colored outside the lines or wanted the egg to have a green hue!) and Lydia has learned how to use a glue stick, how to curl paper, how to follow instructions...and I suppose she has learned her alphabet. But more than purely an educational endeavor, this magnum opus has been a time of fun and bonding...from A to Z. 


And for those who wish to know: 
A: Alligator
B: Butterfly
C: Caterpillar
D: Dog
E: Egg
F: Flower
G: Grass
H: House
I: Ice Cream
J: Jump
K: Kite
L: Leaves
M: Mouse
N: Night
O: Octopus
P: Piano
Q: Queen and Quilt
R: River
S: Snake
T: Train
U: Unicycle
V: Vine
W: Watermelon
X: X-ray
Y: Yarn
Z: Zipper

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...