7.07.2013

Picture(s) of the Week: Care Package

Molly with her new teething ring. Just in time for tooth #5! 
I honestly never thought I'd appreciate care packages so much. My mom has made it her new hobby to shop for, pack and mail boxes full of goodies to us. We are averaging one "Nana Package" a week thus far!Friends have spend much time and many dollars on shipping to send us good things like cereal, magazines and Twizzlers.

But really it's not so much what is in the package that makes us feel loved (although we really do value the fruit snacks and Crayola crayons) but the effort we know it takes to send a package, the love put into action and the joy we get from a tangible reminder of people who love us, support the work we are doing and have not forgotten us.

I stayed full till 2pm. My first bowl of granola (my favorite!!) in 3 months. 
We have pictures that the Falkins kids colored for us and photos of grandparents. We are savoring honey straws and Cheerios. Even today, Lydia pointed up to our picture wall to a photo of the Andersons..."They sent us a package!!". Thank you friends and family. You are making us feel appreciated, included, cared for and loved.
Her new favorite thing. Cutting with her new scissors (both scissors and Pottery Barn mag from Nana!)

1 comment:

  1. love love LOVE your comments and postings. And Pop Pop and I are so excited Lydia loves her scissors. Although I am pretty sure Teresa is not appreciating the confetti :-)

    ReplyDelete

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...