5.02.2013

From one degree of glory to another


There is real change happening here. It is not just (just!) the whirlwind of moving our family to another country, the upheaval of unpacking, the settling into our new apartment, the re-establishment of some sense of routine and way of life. It is not just a new language, culture or worldview. Sanctification is happening. Transformation. Glorious Change! 

"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another." (2 Corinthians 3:18)

I am becoming more like Jesus. I am becoming more glorious. Is that ok to say? Sounds almost blasphemous...but that's really what is right. I behold the glory of the Lord (with my Christ-ripped-off-veil) and I am changed. 

Somehow when all I crave in this chaotic country and new life is routine, sameness, and easy familiarity this change comforts me. This promise, this reality excites me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...