10.24.2012

The Story of Joseph (and Cinderella)

I know I just posted a similar story about Jonah...but they keep getting better. On the way to "Mommy and Me Ballet" this today, I told Lydia we were probably going to talk about the story of Joseph (there is a Bible story for each class). Here is what transpired in the car...

Lydia: Tell me about Joseph, Mommy.
Me: Well, Joseph's mommy and daddy had 12 boys.
Lydia: I'm gonna have 20 kids...not all boys though.
Me: Ok, well, Joseph's brothers did not like him. Joseph had a beautiful coat of many colors: blue and pink...
Lydia: Mommy, boys don't wear pink.
Me: Right, probably not pink then, but blue, and red, green and yellow. And his brothers didn't like that Joseph had a coat, they were jealous! They were unkind to him and stuck him in a big hole.
Lydia: I'm nice to Molly. I give her kisses and hugs and more kisses.
Me: Yes, that is very nice. But Joseph's brothers were not so nice. They even sold him to people who took him to Egypt and then he got in jail!
Lydia: And then!!! Cinderella came and I run, run, run and I said don't worry. There was a fairy godmother. I put on my cleaning dress and it was beautiful. And then, I had a ball dress and it was more beautiful. I went to the ball and danced with the prince...
Me: Is Joseph the prince?
Lydia: No. Daddy is. I put on chapstick and kiss him. That's sweet.
Me: Well, what happened to Joseph?
Lydia: Um, he cried. And I gave him a kiss too....with chapstick.
Me: Oh, Lydia, I should blog about this.
Lydia: Ok Mommy. Cinderella will type for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...