6.11.2012

Just saying...

Kids say cute things. Cute kids say even cuter things (in our opinion). Here are a few:

Me: Well, yes, your little sister will probably slobber on your toys [a big concern in Lydia's book], but you'll have to give her grace.
Lydia: Mommy, I will give her grapes. She can slobber on them. 

[upon passing a cemetery]
Lydia: Mommy, what is that?
Me: That's where people's bodies go when they die. Some people's souls get to go be with Jesus in Heaven. Isn't that great?!
Lydia: Jesus is in Heaven?
Me: Yes sweetheart. That's where He lives. Some people get to go live with Him there. 
Lydia: Do we have to wear pants there?

Lydia: Mommy, be careful...don't fall out of your bathing suit. 
Me: Ok...thank you Lydia.

[Brian and I were attempting to explain what lying is to Lydia, and why she should not do it]
Lydia: It's like a lion?
(What do you say to this?)

[Brian and I discussing a theological heresy that many believe...]
Me (to Brian):Why do people believe this sort of stuff?
Brian: It's just Paganism.
Lydia: Not "Piganism"...that would be funny. 
Brian: Yes, but that would make more sense....


More, I'm sure, to come.


1 comment:

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...