2.17.2011

A Song For My Sweetie


Valentine's Day does not turn boys into poets and song writers, a girl does. Here are the lyrics to my feeble attempt in writing a song for my wife on Valentine's Day.

A Day in January
A little while back on a January day
I saw a young lady and asked her play.
As the time went by my love grew bright,
She was my sunshine, filled up my life.
The leaves turned color and I asked her, “will you?”
A little while later, on a bright spring day, we said, “I do?”

On this (that) day, I said “I do!”,
I began to truly love you
I said, “I will never leave you!”
Or let you go

A little while later on another January day
Our hope and dreams hit some gloomy days
We were both without jobs and our marriage began to fight
But on a day in March our “I dos” stayed bright
We walked through hand and hand our ups and downs
And we kept together with love sealing us bound

Five years later and January comes
This time with our little Lydia in our hands
A new adventure with joys and laughter we have seen
As our family has growth from two to three

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...