2.12.2011

For mom...and all the other Lydia fans

So, my (Mandy's) mom is in Afghanistan. That's right. My 50-something, knitting, Grandmother-of-Lydia mom is strapping on body armor everyday to walk from her apartment in Kabul (surrounded by guards with big guns) to the "Green Zone" where she works on the military's human resources stuff for 12-18 hours a day. She will be there (and a few other middle-eastern countries) for about 6 weeks. Needless to say, this isn't a glamorous vacation. I can't imagine what "war-torn" really looks like, but I suppose it's not very fun to walk around in.

Anyways, we miss her. And I know she misses us (especially Lydia). So, here we are posting this video of Lydia just having fun on a Tuesday afternoon...dancing, crawling, waving bye-bye, etc. Hope this brings a little light to a dark place, mom.


2 comments:

  1. Ah, Mandy, and Lydia, just what the doctor ordered. here it is, 1134 pm, and i was just feeling, well, awful. Because yesterday, well, you can google what happened in Kabul in a hotel yesterday. Anyway, this was perfect. Made me smile. I love you guys. I will be home in about a month. Love you. And Lydia, you may want to consider getting some rubber knee pads for crawling in the kitchen. Love you! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute... music's a bit much:) Love you guys and hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...