12.03.2010

Thanksgiving: Lydia


This was Lydia's first Thanksgiving. In fact, this was her first major family holiday (sorry love, I don't consider Groundhog's day as a major holiday). Holidays are always more eventful than normal vacations. The stays are a little longer. It is a more lively around the house and this Thanksgiving was no different. Except it is was different in that Lydia was there. For Mandy and I, going to family holidays are no longer coming as individuals or even as a couple, but as a family. What a great blessing to be thankful for to the Lord. Furthermore, having a baby around wherever you go makes things different.

One of the best "different" parts of this past Thanksgiving was watching Grandma and Aunt Kelly play, adore, and smile with Lydia. It was neat to see my sister warm up and become closer to Lydia more and more and laugh with her.

However, there is one confession which I will make on Lydia's behalf. She missed her first Thanksgiving feast. Well, kind of. Lydia needed to take a nap right about the blessing and toast. Actually, it was a great blessing for daddy and mommy as we were able to enjoy the feast and conversation with our family unhindered. For those who might be disappointed with Lydia's Thanksgiving siesta, I want to inform you that she did wake up at the tail end of the feast and ate some mashed potatoes and squash. Here are a couple of snapshots of Lydia's meal:

Daddy's getting Lydia ready for the Feast -


Lydia thinking, "Look at all this food... why did I take a nap?" -




No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...