11.09.2009

Week 27

We have officially entered the third trimester!

Baby Stock has grown to a little over two pounds and can (according to the baby book) open her eyes. Although, I'm not sure what she is seeing since it's dark in there...unless my kidneys are giving off an orange glow after that ridiculously strong Tang I drank at youth group last night!

Our doctor's visit last week confirmed she is still growing healthy. Mandy does NOT have gestational diabetes...another test involving something very much like strong Tang. She is precisely within the weight-gain guidelines (even with all that Halloween candy!) and, perhaps most exciting, the doctor predicted no stretch marks!

Last week we attended our first "birthing class" at the hospital. The labor and delivery nurse that teaches left nothing to hide from all these rookie parents. We passed around an epidural needle, fetal monitoring kits, and a baby vacuum puller-outer (which she assured us they rarely use). The video was not as graphic as you would expect but did show the true emotion, frustration and sheer exhaustion of a laboring mother. As Brian said, he has the easy part...and true labor looks nothing like they make it look in the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...