11.05.2009

Computer Medicine


This past Saturday Mandy and I went over to my parent's house on an emergency visit: My parent's computer was on its deathbed. It had an extreme case of malware/spyware on it. Was there hope? Could this computer tread on the brink of death yet still live? In this case, yes. I was able to save the computer but I couldn't have done it alone. In these types of situations (malware/spyware issues), there are only two programs I will use and they work great (and FREE):


2) SuperAntiSpyware (http://www.superantispyware.com/)

So, if you are having virus, malware, or spyware problems, save your money and don't buy Norton or Mcafee (they don't work anyway and they are system hogs!), go with these two programs.

One last note: Using Windows System Restore to take your computer back a couple of days sometimes works as well. This is a good place to start and then install these programs and scan your computer.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so basically I wasted 50 bucks two weeks ago when I converted my free Norton to a one year Norton protection. Should I uninstall it?
    I definitely need your help, oh super computer doctor man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that you keep Norton until it runs out since you paid for it. There is one benefit with Norton in that it monitors your system. But, this is why it is a system hog and can make your computer run very slow. Plus, if you don't have the right settings, it seems like it takes over your computer.

    ReplyDelete

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...