7.14.2013

Picture of the Week: Grandma

Lydia is getting better at drawing. Here is grandma. Notice the 4 limbs, the curly short hair and earrings. (I can never figure out how to rotate iphone pictures...sorry she's on her side).

I suppose this is not unique to living here overseas. If we were in the States, Lydia would be drawing grandma just about the same. But that's the point. Many (MANY!) things here are different. But some things just aren't. Molly is crawling, clapping, teething. Lydia is learning how to dress herself, cut paper, and draw grandma.

We got all those questions as we were moving here. "You are moving where?! And you are taking your children?!" For moments, yes I too worried that my kids might be growing up deprived, playing with sticks and constantly in danger of disease. Ok...well, that's kind of true. But there are good things here. Normal life is happening. The girls are growing, learning and having fun. They don't worry about not having TV because we have "Family Movie Night" on our laptop. A cardboard box serves as a little play house. Grandma and Nana read stories over FaceTime.

We know children adapt quickly. God is gracious in this way to parents. More pictures of our normal life to come. Some drawn, some taken but all part of the Stock Household's normal life. 

1 comment:

  1. love it. Carolyn is a giant head with curls and four limbs. Nice jewelry though!

    ReplyDelete

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...