5.19.2015

Picture of the Week: Syrup

Far from the maple trees of Canada (and the even the factories of high fructose corn syrup), we must survive on whatever waffle toppings we can find.

Today, for Brian: cream cheese and green olives (which by the way, both are considered "gourmet imports" from our grocer). I was pretty excited just to get a waffle maker. We bought in Thailand while on a visa run. I forgot about the syrup.

My girls "settled" for peanut butter (another "gourmet import") and a dusting of powdered sugar.

I ate mine plain. Not because I'm trying to make a point. I just like plain waffles. And bland food in general. But that's off topic.



Just a note. Yes, we can find syrup. It is $7.50 a bottle (for the imitation stuff). I consider it a sacrifice to support our ingenuity (and my love of plain).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...