1.30.2014

Lydia Turns 4 (and shares the Gospel)!

She wanted a "flower" tea party. I convinced her that 15 children with hot tea and dainty cups would not be as fun as she was imagining. Thankfully, she settled for Sprite. 

We had ribbon crowns for the girls and princely pipe cleaner crowns for the fellas. 

Face painting was a huge hit! My friend, Maggie is an artist, thankfully. Because if I had painted we would have had to settle for q-tip shaped petals and a wavy stem. 


Yum, cups of dirt. (Pudding and Oreos)









And cake! 



She wanted flowers in lieu of other gifts. I loved the idea! And our little hostess greeted each guest, ooohed and ahhhed over their flowers and made sure everyone had what they needed. 


Lydia even asked if she could tell one of our neighbors (in attendance) about Jesus. What do you say but "of course"? She walked right over to Hari (a practicing Hindu) and said "Stop believing in pretend gods. Jesus is the true God and He saves you from your sins." We'll work on tact perhaps later, but in the meantime, I am so proud and convicted by her boldness.

We named our firstborn after the Lydia in the Bible (Acts 16) of whom it says "the Lord opened her heart to respond" to the gospel she heard preached and then opened her home for her community. She boldly used her gifts for the expansion of the kingdom of God. I think this 4-year-old is living up to her namesake and trusting in her One True King. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...