9.12.2012

Girls just wanna have fun...

"Daddy, do you know who Cyndi Lauper is?"

Seriously, that how Lydia started a conversation on a walk this past week. You see, a few days before I was in the getting ready and Lydia was playing with her hairbows (organizing, etc....a favorite past time). I looked down and she had used about 10 of them for little bracelets. "Look Mommy!". "Lydia," I said, "you look Cyndi Lauper."

Well, then I had to explain who this mega-bracelet wearing, poofy hair icon from the eighties is. Some things are better explained with a song. We went downstairs for some hands-on education: I pulled up "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" on my itunes.

Since then, Cyndi has been big talk around here. I told Brian he can teach the girls theology, but I'll teach them the 80s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...