5.10.2012

Six Years: One Face

This Sunday, May 13th (which also happens to be Mothers' Day this year) marks Brian and my 6th anniversary of wedded bliss!

Yep, 6 years ago I said yes to this face. 

Well, maybe not exactly THAT face...he was looking a little different on our wedding day. Surprisingly, it wasn't only his stunning good looks that drew me in love with Mr. Brian Stock. 

You see, Brian is funny. He made me laugh. He never laughs at my jokes (which I think are funny) and his are not, but he still makes me laugh...usually when he's not trying to be that funny...or when he's laughing himself. He's the first one who made Lydia laugh (by singing and dancing) and so at least we agree. 

Brian is diligent. I know he wants to spend more time preaching and reading and doing ministry. I know he wants to write more. Yet, he works to provide for us. He does what he is doing now well. He looks ahead but does not become entranced with the future. 
Brian is constantly seeking to be better, do better, love God better, enjoy Him more...he's a man on a mission. I love that he is never stagnant, though not a busybody like I am prone to be. 
Brian is self-aware. When there is a problem, he looks to himself first to root out sin. He assesses situations with grace and clarity. 
Brian casts vision. For a gal who gets so wrapped up in the small stuff, it is a relief and a joy to have a leader who can actually LEAD and see what is ahead...or at least a little further than I can see. 
Brian loves the Lord and loves his family. I have no doubt in my heart or mind (because I have seen it in his actions and plans) that Brian will always seek to provide for us. He will serve us so we can flourish and nurture our love for God as He comes to the Great Gardener to be pruned himself. 
Brian is frugal. Brian is punctual. Brian is a planner. Yep, those are the minors but when they match up to my minors it makes a major difference. 
Plus, I still think he's pretty good looking!

Six years isn't a very long time by some standards; in some ways it feels like we've been together my whole life and in some ways it feels like we are just beginning. At our wedding we danced to "Depths of Mercy", which truly describes how I feel about Brian. I do not deserve him. I do not try to, so I thank God for His deep mercy that calls me into this sweet covenant of marriage with my best friend. 
Our engagement photo. You may have seen it in the Sumter "Item" newspaper...
However you slice it, I hope to have sixty more years with this one face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...