12.13.2011

Craft Time!

Anyone who knows me knows I am not crafty (neither in the sly way, or in the "Let's make our own tree skirt!" way). I cannot sew. I do not own a hot glue gun or make-your-own-jewelry kit. I made my own cloth diaper wipes before Lydia was born with Sarah (my super-crafty friend) and jammed her surger at least 4 times. I needed constant supervision and help.

Yet, alas, Lydia loves crafts. And if you've ever hung out long with an almost-two-year-old, you might know they like to keep busy. Craft-time brings a bit of structure, a little creativity (mostly on my part), and some tactical skills. Thankfully Lydia is patient with me while I attempt to cut, glue and glitter.

Here is what we have done so far (suggestions welcome!)....oh, and I know this post would be infinitely more interesting with pictures, but uh, we are currently without a camera. I'm not supposed to know but I think Brian is getting me one for Christmas.

1. Kite made from a cereal box and wooden grilling skewers, decorated with Christmas stickers. It will catch wind if you sprint!

2. Christmas tree with "sprinkles" (little dots of paper).

3. Monkey stickers glued to cardboard to simulate a favorite book, "Five Silly Monkeys Jumping on the Bed".

4. Paper bag mask...which she refuses to put over her head.

5. Leaves stuck to paper. Really have no title for this one, but we had a lot of fun...and it was about at my level.

Tomorrow: snowman made from cotton balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...