8.19.2011

14%

We have started raising support; that is meeting with friends and church family to give them the opportunity to hear about what God is doing in our hearts and in South Asia and find out how they can come alongside of us as partners in this work. A lot of seasoned missionaries have told us how hard this will be, and maybe it will get there. But so far, we have had a lot of fun, been encouraged, and have seen God work in our hearts and the hearts of our friends. We are at %14 of our goal and are so humbled and happy God is moving around and in us!

Here are some interesting and encouraging things we have heard thus far:

"Thank you for going for us."
"Why wouldn't we want to store up treasure for ourselves in Heaven? This is an opportunity to do that!"
"So...you guys are going as spies?" -Owen, 8
"I can't give $50 a month, but I can give $1 a month."- Katie Beth, 12
"God has already been working on our hearts about this."
"Thank you guys for sharing with us."
"But they [Hindus] shouldn't believe that [reincarnation] because it isn't real. Jesus is." -Bentley, 7
"I really want to be intentional to pray for you guys."
"That story [about a local pastor] just gives me chills. It is so exciting!"
"Do you guys eat goat?"
"Can we come visit you?"

Every meeting has been a time of refreshing for us and renewed passion for this calling God has put on our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...