4.11.2011

A Quarter of a Million


On this day in history, my 99 Honda Civic has passed the 250000 miles or (402336 kilometers for our international readers). I have owned the car since 2005. Back then it had roughly 54000 miles. Therefore, I have put 196000 of those 250k on it. This averages out to 39400 miles per year. Truth be told, most of those miles were on the front end of my ownership as I was driving down to see and visit my girlfriend, now wife, Mandy. It was 100 miles round trip from my house to work to Mandy's and then back home. I took that trip at least three times a week. If I remember right, I put upwards to 55k that first year. Now, after two different timing belts, two sets of tires, and a whole lot of times filling up the tank, the Honda is still running good. I want to thank Honda for exhibiting their God-given able to design and make a reliable and fuel-efficient car. I also want to thank the Lord, by his most holy, wise and powerful persevering of this car keeping it running all these years. May it run for another 250k!

(Note: I did not take the picture above, but it is of a 97 Honda Civic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...