9.10.2016

What it Looks Like

Forgive me, dear reader. I have not posted in some time. I went to Bali for a week. The kids got sick and sick again. Brian got worms. You know...life. Anyways, before we begin, here's Bali:

Take a moment....

Forgive me, again dear reader. I am not a photographer, neither artsy or skilled in this area. But to forge the way in my feeble series of the five senses, I must show you what it looks like here. Caveats: 1) the above disclaimer, 2) this is only my city, the everyday life and 3) most pictures shot on an iPhone...nothing like the advertisements.

I see cows and parrots. I see dirt and potholes and piles of trash. I see the most beautiful flowers and fruit. I see people...all the time.


 The streets are not the best...




But you can get away with just about anything on them.




I find the oddest things (these guys were next to where I bought my coffee pot).



Some genius made a coffee table book of people carrying strange things on motorcycles. I could have added a couple of volumes, but I forget to take pictures....or I'm driving carefully around the loaded bikes.



 But most of what I see looks like this. It's a pretty good view. 


What I see, more than these pictures can convey is the beauty of God's creation tainted with our destructive-rebelling against Him. I see color and dirt. I see creativity and joy, despair and filth.

If we could pray for eyes to see what God sees, not just the beauty in the brokenness...but the redemption to come, His kingdom breaking through, what a glorious sight that would be. Better than any billboard or Bali vacation. Oh, grace my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...