8.11.2015

Molly Turns 3

When you turn three and want a "painting chicken mermaid party" you get an "under the sea" party! There's a limit to birthday theme choices.

She wanted a craft. She wanted a chocolate cake with a crab and fish on it. She wanted a sign for the door, storytime and hot dogs cut in the shape of an octopus. We delivered. Because you know, it's fun to make this little girl happy. 

We made jellyfish out of paper cups. My friend, somehow, made this amazing cake! Lydia and I created a sign for the door. We read "The Singing Mermaid" to a riveted audience of children. I even made octopus-ish looking creatures out of hot dogs. Thank you pinterest. Nailed it. 

Also, we managed to unknowingly introduce a few friends to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (I called them peanut butter and jellyfish...ha!). I was tempted to take credit for this flavor combination, but alas I confessed it was the most popular un-glamorous sandwich in America. 

So, we made Molly happy. She does her share of making us happy every day. I'm supposed to say "I can't believe she's three!" but I can. Because, truthfully it feels like our family is a family with Molly. And it's only been three years since she came along. To think, only three years that we've had this daughter who loves to help, makes up silly songs and lights up a room. What a privilege and joy!


Maybe next year we'll do the "painting chicken mermaid party".

2 comments:

  1. The cake was magical! I would be really happy to have such a cake for my birthday!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday to the sweet little Molly!! You know my daughter will also turn 5 soon and I have just reserved some domestic San Francisco venues for her party. To save some money I made the reservations from Eventup.com and got heavy discounts.

    ReplyDelete

I Feel Like Someone is Sitting on My Head. And They Might Be.

How is having a head cold like sleeping next to a child? I'm not overly prone to sickness nor do I often co-sleep with my three beaut...